Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Studio still life photography

Here are some pictures that I wanted to share with you. I have shot them all during photography classes that I enrolled to couple of weeks ago. It's called Basic Studio Photography and is run by Metropolitan College of Glasgow. It started with portrait photography and now we moved into still life. I learned a great deal about using studio equipment and manipulating light. I will post some of the portrait shots later, but it's the still life that shows really what you have learned.


In portraiture your object moves all the time, interacts with you and your camera. In still life you are totally in control. You chose the object. You chose the lighting, setting and composition. You choose the depth of field and environment for your subject. There is nothing you cannot do with your object. And that is why it is up to you what the final image will look like and feel like.

All these images were created with artificial studio lighting - most of them during my classes, but water jars were created with my strobes at home.






2 comments:

  1. Your pics are great.I love the Glasgow ones.
    Cheers
    Steven.

    ReplyDelete