Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Glasgow

It's been a while since my last post, but here it finally is. And as I have recently left Scotland for good I thought I'll put some best photos I took in there. I lived in Scotland for nearly four years, so I've got loads and loads of them. I decided to narrow my choice down to just a few of my photographs, but I am quite sure I'll be looking back in that direction again soon. I decided that if I show you the place I had been for the last three and a half years I shall do it properly. So I will start with Glasgow - chosen European City of Culture in 1990 it is always alive and buzzing. 








But if you're after some quiet and peaceful bench in a park or table in a cafe you won't be disappointed.








Well, it's got it all - including it's dark side. Glasgow has been known for it's violence and crime - the city of knives, most dangerous area in the UK, Europe's murder capital, the real Gotham City (I didn't see Batman though), and so on... in fact it is a bit tricky to figure out which areas you should avoid and when it is not a good idea to go to the City Centre, but I wouldn't say it's more dangerous place than any other major European city.




  
To this mixture add many great galleries, museums, cinemas, theaters, clubs, pubs, restaurants, river Clyde, old tenements, Charles Rennie Mackintosh and above all - the Glaswegians - probably the friendliest people on the planet. And you're starting to get the whole picture. See it? Good - Welcome to Glasgow.

No comments:

Post a Comment